This webinar will provide an opportunity to share and discuss innovative solutions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic that are drawn from existing technologies and capacities, especially drawing inspiration from previous work on HIV prevention, treatment and cure research.
This webinar brought to you by the IAS Educational Fund will provide time for interactions between the participants and the speakers through a Q&A session.
• Innovation in a pandemic: 40 years of HIV to the rescue?
Prof Sharon Lewin, IAS Governing Council representative, Asia and the Pacific Islands, and Director, Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, University of Melbourne and Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia
• Philippe Jacon, Senior Vice President Global Access, Cepheid, France
• Dr Jim Rooney, Vice President of Clinical Research, Gilead, USA
• Dr Mookho Malahleha, Co-principal Investigator, HVTN 702, and Deputy Director, Setshaba Research Centre, South Africa
• Maureen Luba Milambe, Africa Region Advocacy Advisor, AIDS Vaccine Advocacy Coalition (AVAC), Enterprise Advisory Group Member, VARG, Malawi
Dr Roger Tatoud, Deputy Director, HIV Programmes and Advocacy, IAS